I did finally do it.
Not as well as Garden Of Eatin. But I did do it finally.
My garden is only about 25 feet from the water spigot. Here’s what I did.
- Bought a spigot divider so that I could run one normal hose and one soaker hose.
- Bought a faucet extender thingy so that I could plant that in the garden and run the soaker hose from it.
- Bought a fairly cheap hose, 50 feet, to run from the spigot divider, underground and then to my faucet extender.
- Dug a quick trench from the main faucet all the way to the garden.
- Buried the hose.
- Attached the soaker hose to my garden faucet extender.
- Strung the 75 foot soaker hose up and down my tomato rows.
Pretty simple! Only thing left to do is bury the soaker hose within the tomato rows just a bit.
Running the soaker hose is best accomplished with a timer. But I didn’t get one. Which means I will soon be leaving the soaker hose on for an entire week because I’ll forget!